Thursday, October 9, 2014

Adding to my List

Today I had an appointment with an allergist to do a skin prick test to determine what else I am allergic to. I know get to add to my list: tomatoes, pineapple, rye and black pepper.

It's interesting that I have never liked whole tomatoes, and maybe my body was trying to tell me something. I've often had trouble digesting tomato products (sauces etc) so this makes sense to me.  I don't eat pineapple very often, and I can't eat bread so I really interact with rye.

I am used to putting pepper on my food....guess that is no more! I do find it interesting to find out what my body does not like, so I can work towards being my healthier self.

One thing I find interesting is how people react to my allergies. The majority are empathetic and caring. Sometimes I do get people that make me feel bad about having allergies, either by what they say or the tone they say things in.

Here are some suggestions of things not to say to someone with food allergies:
"Ohhh I am going to touch X and then touch you!" (that is almost on the verge of bullying)
"Man, you make things difficult!"  (I already know this, you don't need to make a point of it)
"Are you making this up? Are you really allergic to all that?"  (No, I have spent time and money trying to figure out what is going on with my body).


More restaurant reviews to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment