Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Kansas City Part 1: Melting Pot

My Mother and I were in Kansas City in late July for a wonderful weekend. We ate at 4 restaurants, which I will be reviewing in a series of posts. While all 4 had wonderful things about them, I am going to review them in the order from least favorite to most favorite. It was a tough decision, but there was a clear winner in my mind!

In 4th place...The Melting Pot (Plaza)
This was my first experience at the Melting Pot. The server was very accommodating to my food allergies.  My Mother and I split a gluten-free fondue dinner that consisted of four courses: cheese, salad, meats, desert.

Simply put, it was too much food.  If I went back again I would skip desert, or maybe just go there for an appetizer course.

The cheese course was tasty, and the veggies and gluten free bread were delicious topped with cheese!  My Mom and I had fun with our first course of fondue forks.

Next came the salad--we didn't dip that in cheese. It was just a standard salad, and I didn't finish all of it as I knew there were 2 more courses to come.

Our meat course arrived, with uncooked meat on a plate for each of us.  I  had steak and chicken, and my mom had the same but with shrimp as well.  You cooked your meat to your liking and then had an array of dipping sauces to choose from.

My favorite was a sweet and sour sauce that went well with the chicken of course, but surprisingly gave a nice bit of tang to my steak as well.

The desert was delicious, but I think neither of us ate much of it, as we were so stuffed. My favorites were the gluten free brownies and the marshmallows!

Overall, the food was pretty good, but there was just too much of it!  I did not get sick afterwards, but I did have a belly-ache from being full!

No comments:

Post a Comment