Monday, September 8, 2014

Chipotle

Last night, a friend and I decided to grab a quick bite at Chipotle. I am not much of a fast-food person, but I have had decent Chipotle experiences in the past, and it was a nice evening to find a place with a patio.

We dined at the Chipotle in Newmarket Square at 21st and Maize.  When I talked to the staff about food allergies, she was very happy to accommodate me. I asked her to please change her gloves and to get new bins of the foods I was going to eat from.  Later, when I was talking with my friend, I noted about a year ago I never would have so confidently requested my needs, now I am getting more matter-of-fact instead of hesitant and tentative. It has been a journey.

My food was very good and it was gone in about 5 minutes---I was hungry! The taco shells were nice and crispy, and my favorite barbacoa meat never lets me down, with its spicy tang.

Now, I need to introduce you to a term I use sometimes.  When I say "glutened" I mean it as in "Oops, I got glutened." This means that accidentally gluten made it's way into my body and I became ill after eating a meal.

It appears I got glutened after eating this meal, but I am not 100% certain. In full disclosure I have had some stomach issues over the past week, so it could be that the food just didn't agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment