Monday, September 8, 2014

Outback--West Wichita

A few weeks ago, my Mother was in town and my sister and I joined her for dinner.  We went to Outback, as it is one of the places in town I can easily eat at, and it sounded good to everyone that night.

When we arrived, it was fairly busy for a Sunday evening, but the weather was pleasant outside for our 20 minute wait for a table.

My food was delicious.  My steak was cook just as ordered and the baked potato melted in my mouth. Because of my allergies, the asparagus had to be cooked a bit plain, so I ended up taking it home to doctor it up, but I won't fault them on that, I know it is difficult to work around allergies.

Now, the not so good part.....Typically I am very understanding that waiters and waitresses have many things going on and occasional "oops" are ok.  Our waitress seemed to forget about us multiple times and this was one of the not so great service experiences I have had.  Right when we got seated I asked for napkins and silverware as there were none on the table. Fast forward 15 minutes, still no napkins etc but my mom and sister's very greasy appetizer had arrived. The whole 15 minutes they were eating it, we had no sight of our waitress. Finally I had to flag another waiter down and ask him for napkins.  He ended up bringing the napkins the same time our waitress was bringing napkins and the entrees.

She didn't ask me if I wanted a refill of my non-water beverage until I was almost done with my entree. If she would have asked 15 minutes earlier I would have taken one, but I was afraid it would take me another 15-20 minutes just to get a drink so I declined.

It took TWO hours that evening, which for Outback is by far the longest I have ever spent there. None of our food was particularly complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment