Monday, September 8, 2014

Review: Bonefish Grill in Wichita, KS



I have dined at Bonefish Grill several times without becoming ill afterwards, and it has been a place I have been to for dinner a few times.  Last week, I was able to eat lunch there for the first time with some friends.

Bonefish has a decent gluten free menu that you can find at http://bloominbrandscms.blob.core.windows.net/bfglocations-menus/gluten_free.pdf

Sadly, one of my favorite appetizers is no longer available. I used to love to just get plain edamame while waiting for my entrée. Since their menu has changed, they have edamame hummus, yet it is not gluten free. As a matter of fact there are no gluten free appetizers for lunch and only 1 for dinner. This is not a huge issue for me as I am not normally a huge appetizer person, but sometimes it is nice to get appetizers to share.

I ordered The Angler’s steak. Yes, steak at a seafood restaurant. I am not a huge seafood person, but I have been satisfied with Bonefish in general so I keep finding my way back. For my side dish, I ordered garlic mashed potatoes. 

It was sort of an odd food delivery. My friend’s daughter got her child’s meal about 10 minutes before the rest of the food arrived, so she was almost done by the time we started eating. My steak was cooked just as I ordered and it was tender and satisfying.  My garlic mashed potatoes didn’t last long on my plate at all, they are smooth and the garlic gives a typically bland side dish a great flavor.

I was surprised that their lunch prices are not very much different than their dinner prices. With tip my total was around $22.  This is more than I would have liked to pay for lunch, and I will probably save Bonefish as a very occasional dinner experience.

#bonefish  

No comments:

Post a Comment